Set of 15 Culver “Antigua” 22K Gold Glasses & Tray set – Highball, Old Fashioned – USA (NY)
Price includes US shipping and insurance. Please contact the shop if you require shipping to another country.
This is a mixed set of 15 mid-century modern Culver glasses in their “Antigua” pattern featuring a simple crackled-gold band with oval cut-outs in 22K gold. The set includes:
- (4) Highball glasses – 5.5″h x 2.75″w, holds 10 oz.
- (8) Double Old Fashioned – 3″h x 2.75″w, holds 8oz.
- (3) Old Fashioned – 2.5h x 2.5″w, holds 6 oz.
- Metal faux wood tray with complimentary edge design – 15″l x 10″w x 1.75″h with felt feet
Culver was in business from 1939 – 1996 in Brooklyn NY and created elegant cocktail glasses sold only in high end department stores of the era. They developed a super-heated, roll-on process of applying the gold which remains a secret today. These are in various states of wear, some have lost their original signature but those that have retained them have the script signatures used 1940 – 50s. I am not sure if the tray was original to the set or not but it does compliment the design well. These would make a beautiful display piece which can be used functionally as well.
- Old Fashioned – close to mint, brilliant color. Probably the least used of the set. Almost no wear to the gold, almost no scratches and all have their original signatures.
- Double Old Fashioned – good, these have the most wear and scratches, no signatures and more wear to the gold than the highballs.
- Highballs – excellent, very minor wear, few scratches, no signatures visible. Gold is very brilliant.
Made in USA
1 in stock