Set of 11 Culver “Antigua” 22K Gold Glasses & Metal Tray – Highball, Rocks, Old Fashioned – USA (NY)
Price includes US shipping and insurance. Please contact the shop if you require shipping to another country.
What: 11 piece mid-century modern 22K gold Culver glasses in their “Antigua” pattern featuring a simple crackled-gold band with oval cut-outs and gold rim treatment. The set includes:
- (4) Highball glasses – 5.5″h x 2.75″w, holds 10 oz.
- (4) Rocks/Double Old Fashioned – 3″h x 2.75″w, holds 8oz.
- (3) Old Fashioned – 2.5h x 2.5″w, holds 6 oz.
- Metal faux wood tray with complimentary edge design – 15″l x 10″w x 1.75″h with felt feet
When: Script signature dates them to 1940 – 50s. Culver was in business from 1939 – 1996 but ceased production of gold overlay in the 1980s.
Where: Produced in Brooklyn NY, USA and sold in high end department stores of the era. I am not sure if the tray was original to the set but it does compliment the design well.
How: Culver developed a super-heated, roll-on process of applying 22K gold which remains a secret today.
- Old Fashioned – close to mint, brilliant color. Probably the least used of the set. Almost no wear to the gold, almost no scratches and all have their original signatures.
- Rocks/Double Old Fashioned – very good, these have the most wear and scratches, no signatures (they are put on in very thin gold and are the first thing to wear off)
- Highballs/Iced Teas – excellent, very minor wear, few scratches, no signatures visible. Gold is very brilliant.
- all glasses are very clear, moreso than they appear in the photos
A beautiful set of mid-century modern cocktail glasses. I also have an additional 4 Rocks glasses for sale so please check my other listings. If you would like these as well please purchase and I will refund the shipping overages based on your location.
Out of stock